Memory Care Neighborhood
1421 River Road Piscataway NJ, 08854
"You always welcomed me, allowed me to be involved in all her activities, and included me in all the decisions concerning her care, You are an incredible group of people who are extremely rare in this world. I will always hold each and every one of you so deeply in my heart." - Laura K.
For new admissions to Evergreen Way, call Deepika at 732-418-8652.
The New Jersey State Department of Health officially recognizes Evergreen Way as an Alzheimer's Dementia Program.
In 2002, we opened Evergreen Way
, a neighborhood within Parker at River Road
that specializes in high-quality and compassionate memory care for people with early to mid-stage dementias
. Personalized therapies and activities are designed to enhance the physical, mental and cognitive capabilities of Evergreen Way residents. Here at Evergreen Way, our residents enjoy:
- The comfort of a graciously appointed home-like setting with spacious private rooms, each with a full bathroom. Rooms may be individually decorated for personal comfort.
- A physical environment and program that promotes a sense of home by providing comfort, safety, simplicity and elegance.
- A safe environment staffed with highly-trained professionals who are available round-the-clock.
- A variety of meaningful and spontaneous activities designed to meet their interests and needs.
- Opportunities for residents to engage with staff and residents, and interact with other living things such as children, animals and plants.
- A meaningful and intimate dining experience where staff and residents dine together.
- A functional kitchen area in a home-like setting.
- Access to a beautifully landscaped and safe garden area, including pathways for exploration.
- A resident-driven, flexible program, focusing on individual strengths.
- A program with goals to maintain each resident's optimal level of functioning, improve overall health and mental state; manage progression of the condition and support both resident and family/sponsor throughout the progression.
Residents of Evergreen Way enjoy a comfortable common living room area outside each room. They also enjoy fine dining, personalized wellness services and a wide selection of activities. Our goal is to provide an environment that enhances the lives of our residents through a person-directed and holistic approach to caring for the mind, body and spirit.
Services at Evergreen Way include:
- Around-the-clock nursing care
- Consistent staffing fosters familiarity and friendship between residents and staff
- Easy access to beverages and refreshments
- On-site personal laundry and linen service
- Daily housekeeping services
- Spiritual and pastoral care
- Engaging recreational activities
- Compassionate social services
- Planned outings and events
Evergreen Way is comprised of sixteen private rooms, each with its own large bathroom and shower.
Parker Home, a not-for-profit organization, is proud to offer the highest quality long-term care
services at subsidized rates; a tradition made possible by generous gifts from benefactors, which Parker has thoughtfully managed throughout the years. Parker at River Road does not participate in Medicare and Medicaid. If you are looking for a home that participates in Medicare and Medicaid, click here to learn more about Parker at Somerset
Additional Services (Fees Apply)
- Dry cleaning services
- Phone service
- Physicians services
- Laboratory work
- Medical supplies as needed
- IV therapy
- Guest meals
- Private duty attendants*
We have designed each amenity to embrace and nurture the wellness of our residents and to meet individual physical, mental, and cognitive capabilities.
- Outdoor patios
- The “Center Court” - an area of our home where residents meet up and socialize
- The “Comfort Zone” (based on Snoezelen Therapy)
- Beauty parlor
- Tranquility Trail sensory garden
Nursing Home Residence Admission Process
A completed Admission Application along with a non-refundable $75 fee is required to get on the Parker Registry. There is currently a waiting list and Parker cannot guarantee immediate admission.
Once a bed becomes available and the bed is accepted, the admission process may begin. On average admission occurs 4-7 days after the bed acceptance. To ensure a smooth transition, our Admissions Manager will be available to assist throughout the admission process. All procedures and financial requirements will be discussed as well as all questions answered in a timely and professional manner. The process consists of a clinical and financial home assessment, followed by setting a date for the admission.
"I don’t know where to begin about extolling the virtues of Evergreen. The staff provides a warm supportive environment. Nursing staff is knowledgeable, thorough and caring. Staff takes the best care of my mother’s physical and emotional needs. My mom is always engaged in something fun and creative. She is given the best of care. Whenever friends and family members visit, they all comment on the beautiful environment, as well as the friendly staff and happy residents. They say it is the nicest nursing facility they have ever seen. Parker has given me such peace of mind. I don’t worry at all about my mother’s well-being." - Beth N.
* Parker Home can arrange Private Duty Attendants based upon the number of requests and availability.