Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapies
Parker at somerset
15 Dellwood Lane
Somerset, NJ 08873
Let us help you safely transition to your home following a hospitalization with our post-acute rehabilitation services. We want to see you achieve your highest level of pain-free living.
Parker offers comprehensive post-acute rehab with 24/7 skilled nursing care. We provide the highest quality of clinical care, overseen by a full-time, onsite board certified geriatrician with privileges at area hospitals, plus attending physicians with a broad range of specialties.
With physical therapy, you will learn to develop, maintain and restore movement and functional abilities in ambulation, safe transferring, and pain reduction. Our highly skilled physical therapists will evaluate your issue and develop a customized treatment plan for you. Your therapist will help you improve your physical impairment, reduce pain and teach you measures to prevent re-injuring your problem area.
Your treatment plan may focus on:
- Increasing motor control, strength and mobility
- Improving coordination, balance
- Improving overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Teaching pain management and proper body mechanics
- Promoting safety awareness
Our therapists will help you improve your abilities to perform the tasks of daily living and become more independent and productive. You will be taught methods to help you adapt to you social and physical environment and master tasks that are essential for daily living. Area of treatments may include:
- Environmental independence: bathing, bathroom tasks, cooking, eating and household tasks
- Wellness, dressing and grooming
- Home assessments and modifications, with recommendations for adaptive equipment
- Energy conservation techniques and body mechanics
Parker’s therapists will assess, educate and provide treatment for language, voice, articulation, swallowing, and fluency disorders. We provide therapy for cognitive-linguistic deficits and memory-related speech impairment, including FEES testing and Vitastim treatment. Our therapists prepare treatment plans and work towards restoring the following:
- Speech and voice clarity
- Chewing and swallowing skills
- Cognitive language skills
- Care partner education for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition and swallowing